Thursday, February 21, 2008

Linda Lundstrom

I am very sad and upset that one of our best Canadian designers had to close shop and is resigned to declare bankrupt. I wish I had known about her years ago,because I would have more of her designs in my wardrobe. Unfortunately, I had came accross her incredible designs for women of all shapes and forms only two or three years ago. I was shocked and angry of losing one of the few ''made in Canada'' labels to the increasing ''made in China'' market.
The quality of the fabrics purchased on the European market was amazing, and it was also respecting the ''green'' of this world. I sincerely wish that she will revive her business and that we have not heard the last of her. I am thinking of all the people behind these designs, the staff in the cutting room and in the boutiques who are amazing.
This week, I am proudly wearing Linda's designs and I receive compliments daily.
For those who are interested to know more about Linda, here is her website:
http://www.lindalundstrom.com/

Je suis franchement triste et désolée d'apprendre qu'une de nos meilleures créatrices' de mode pour dames doit se résoudre à fermer boutique et déclarer faillite. Je n'ai malheureusement pas découvert ses somptueuses créations qu'il n'y a quelque temps,en fait deux ou trois ans.
La qualité de ses tissus achetés pour la plupart en Europe est tout simplement incroyable,les coupes et tout et tout...et aussi ses créations incluent toutes les tailles,ce qui n'est pas peu dire avec des styles aussi beaux pour les boulottes.
Tout ça à cause du ''Fabriqué en Chine''. J'espère qu'elle va ressusciter de ses cendres et que nous pourrons à nouveau acheter ses créations ''Made In Canada'' de qualité supérieure. Chapeau à toutes les ouvrières derrière les créations!
Si vous êtes intéressés à aller voir les créations de Linda, visitez son site ici:
http://www.lindalundstrom.com/

No comments: